EPPING FOREST & HARLOW COMMUNITY TRANSPORT SHOPPER BUS TIMETABLES.
Epping Forest & Harlow Community Transport have taken the difficult decision to Reduced/Cancel some of our Bus Routes during tier 4 as from Monday 4th January 2021. Please see below for details.
- DaRT87 Service duration and operating hours
- This is a trial service funded solely by Epping Forest District Council, running 2nd January until 31st March 2021
- The service is being run by Epping Forest Community Transport (EFCT)
- The service may be extended beyond March, based on passenger usage and feedback
- If the service looks likely to cease, you will be informed during March 2021
- The service operates Monday-Saturday, excluding bank holidays .
- The early morning services will attempt to accommodate passenger needs, for example if there is demand for early shift starts from NHS staff, we will do our best to help. Reasonable numbers pre-booked are required to accommodate very early or late journeys.
- During the off-peak daytime period, the service will run approximately hourly, but still on a pre-booked basis
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW
SB07 The Elms – Loughton Runs on a Monday
SB09 Abridge – Epping Runs on a Monday (Reduced service – Wednesday only)
Abridge-Loughton Runs on a Wednesday
211 & 212 Breach Barns – Waltham Abbey – Waltham Cross Runs Monday – Friday
347 Barnfields Hatfield Broad Oak – Harlow Bus Station Runs on a Tuesday & Thursday (Reduced service – Thursday only)
C392 Harlow Bus Station – Hoddesdon Runs Monday – Friday (Reduced service – Mon – Fri 07:00-12:30 & 16:00
HSB01 & SB12 Toot Hill- Moreton – Old Harlow – Harlow Runs Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Demand Responsive Transport (DaRT) is an alternative way of providing access to key services in rural areas.
DaRT services differ from bus services in that they are flexible and may divert on and off route to collect and drop off passengers within their operating area.
DaRT is NOT a taxi service, as there must be enough volume of passengers with similar itineraries in order to make the journeys viable.
Most DaRT work is former bus routes and group bookings but unlike a large bus, DaRT only needs three or four passengers to make a group booking. When not operating a timetable bus route or group booking, vehicles may be available for individual runs where no alternative transport is available.
DaRT operates between date and time depends on which service. Unlike a conventional bus, you need to first register as a customer. You need to book your seat on a journey at least 3 working days in advance of travel:
DaRT87 Debden – T/Bois – Epping – Epping Green – Harlow Runs Mon – Sat
DaRT 7 SB10-S13 Moreton – Toot Hill – Epping Runs on a Monday & Thursday (Reduced service- Monday only)
DaRT 8 Chigwell – Epping Starting 05/10/20 Monday – Friday
Passengers need to first register with Epping Forest Community Transport before a seat can be booked. This is currently £15.00 paid annually. You can have the option to make a regular booking.
DaRT8 service will align with previously existing routes, the service is flexible and can divert along the route.
Charges and Payments: Adult £4.20 one way, £6 return. Child £2 each way, £3 return. A monthly invoice account will be opened for all customers. Failure to pay may result in loss of use of the DaRT 8 service.
Payment Options: Cheque, Bank Transfer or By Telephone Payment
Should you wish to make payment by telephone using your Credit/Debit card, please contact the office.
Cheques payable to Epping Forest Community Transport. If you would like to pay by Bank Transfer, Sort Code 20-29-86 and Account number 93180115.
Cancellations by you: All cancellations made on the ‘Day of travel’ will incur a cancellation charge of the full cost of one-way travel.
Cancellations by us: Epping Forest Community Transport EFCT reserves the right to cancel any travel in the event of unforeseen events or unavoidable circumstances, possibly without notice.